Mother’s Day brings me thoughts of my mother and the influence she had on my design life. I guess you can say she helped design my life. My mother taught me one of the great joys in my life, which is to “love beauty.” That is, of course, my version of what I think is beautiful. We all have our own definition of what beauty is and after all as the saying goes, “Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.” This she taught me too, by never criticizing my taste but by showing me what good taste looks like. Then I could form it to what my version of good taste is. And then I could decide how I would like to express it.
- Ask if there is something special she would like for the house. It could be as simple as a plant, pillow or lamp by her reading chair.
- Family portrait framed to match the décor of the home.
- Make dinner and treat her as a guest in her own home. Serve it in the dining room or garden.
- Put candles around the tub and fill it with bubble bath and add a luxurious towel in her favorite color.
- Play her favorite music. Ask her to dance. What fun to dance in your home!
- Watch her favorite movies with her.
Where to find your gift? Go to the Barbara’s Picks & Clicks Online Directory and you will find the best resources for the person who put her heart into creating home. Décor. Image consulting. Organizing. A personal chef. A spa day. MORE!