God’s Garden Treasures helps you think of everything so your gift is fitting and thoughtful. Read their 5 Tips for when flowers make sense for business gifts. Originally seen on their blog here.
As you build business relationships, at some point you decide that giving gifts to clients is a strategic proactive step to deeper relationships, whether for the holidays, a special occasion, or to express appreciation. It builds loyalty and reciprocity.
And once you decide you want to give flowers, you open a whole new set of questions and decisions to make: How do I decide? What are my options? Do I do it myself from the grocery store, or enlist the help of a professional? How much time will this take?
If you decide to get professional help, more challenges ensue:
- You look online and the florist websites are all the same,
- you call in but aren’t sure what you want,
- or maybe you even venture out to look and see,
- and the inexperienced clerk, on the phone or in person, just asks you what you want and how much you want to spend.
- but you don’t even know what exactly you want – you just know the impact you want to have.
We have helped hundreds of companies and business professionals with easy gift-giving solutions.
Here are 5 tips for flowers as business gifts:
- Decide if you want to give something that communicates your brand or reflects the style and personality of the person receiving the flowers.
- If you want to give an arrangement branded to your company’s colors, style and feel, you can either select something from our website that is in the style that speaks to you and that fits your budget, and we can adjust the colors to your brand. Or when you’re a member you can ask us to create a custom branded design that is unique to you, and that you can use over and over again in different situations and occasions.
- If the you want to match the gift to the recipient, we’re here to help. We’ll ask a few questions and guide you to a gift that will bless them deeply. And if you want to read up more about how we do it, here’s our blog post on speaking deeply to the heart through matching the style to the person.
- If the flowers are for an open house, Grand Opening or other event, be sure to communicate that so that the design can feature flowers that give maximum impact when they first arrive.
- If the flowers are for a gift for someone’s desk or office, and you want it to last the longest, let us know that, and we can include some flowers that have buds that will open over time, such as lilies or orchids.
What about budget questions? You might want to know if we can support you if you want to give many smaller gifts to your clients or connections. Yes, these are one of our ‘Member Only’ exclusives! We’d love to show you how – schedule a 15 minute conversation with Karin here.
As your Floral Concierge, we’ve got your back. Instead of a frustrating online search, or spending lots of time in an already busy schedule, once you’re a member, we’ll already know what your preferences are, and we’ll make it simple and easy for you to give stunning, impactful gifts to your clients, referral sources, colleagues and friends and family. Of course, you can always order online here, or call us and we’ll walk you through the process.
The bottom line is that your client feels really appreciated, they have a memory that lasts and lasts and think of you more often, they come to you first next time they have a need, and they think of you when someone asks for a referral. You can accomplish this with ease, simplicity and in a short amount of time.
We also have future emails and past and future blog posts with gift-giving tips for all kinds of occasions and types of gifts. Browse here for past posts (click on the tags at the top of the article) and i f you want to receive our tips by email for business professionals (flowers, gifts, and other business relationship tips), click here to sign up for our emails geared specially for business owners and business professionals